Coding Matters, LLC allows you to complete your training through a combination of classroom instruction and online education in a self-paced environment that allows the student an opportunity to comfortably learn the skills necessary for their professional success.
Our rigorous coding course encompasses more than 2,200 pages of information that takes 2.5 to five months to complete. During that time, you will be learning medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding, CPT procedural coding, and auditing.
An overview of the Coding Matters, LLC Medical Coding Course
The course begins with completion of an approved Medical Terminology Course or the Med Term course offered by Coding Matters.
Next comes orientation - Expect this course to take 2.5 to 5 months to complete. It is a hybrid online and in-person classroom instruction, self-paced course.
Then the coursework begins:
1. Chapter 1 - The Business of Medicine
2. Chapter 2 - Medical Anatomy and Terminology Review
3. Chapter 3 -Introduction to ICD-10-CM
4. Chapter 4 - ICD-10-CM Coding Chapters 1 - 11
5. Chapter 5 - ICD-10-CM Coding Chapters 12-21
6. Introduction to CPT, Surgery Guidelines, HCPCS, and modifiers
7. Integumentary System
8. Musculoskeletal System
9. Respiratory, Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, Diaphragm
10. Cardiovascular System
11. Digestive System
12. Urinary System and Male Genital System
13. Reproductive Systems, Female Genital System, and Maternity
14. Endocrine System and Nervous System
15. Eye and Ocular Adnexa, Auditory Systems
19. Evaluation and Management
21. Final Exam
22. Certification Prep available
23. Start job search
Medical Coding Certification Class
Cost of our medical coding certification course is typically $2395.00 (but has been discounted $600 as an introductory price). Our rate is considerably less than other local courses in Texas, but the value you get from our course is significantly more.
- Discounted AAPC books and materials are sold seperately ($200).
- Discounted AAPC membership is sold seperately ($175.00).
- The certification exam is a separate component of the course and is paid for separately by the student, not Coding Matters, LLC.
There are NO REFUNDS once you have started the course.